Wednesday, June 07, 2006

WORTHY: Abigail Washburn

Abigail Washburn is enchanting.

I first heard her on The World Cafe podcast and was floored by her stripped-down style of banjo playing. Then I heard this articulate American woman sing in Mandarin Chinese, and my jaw hit the floor.

Next my friend Dan, who works with my wife Juliet, told me about Abigail all over again, and he didn't even like the banjo! I knew then something magical was happening.

Finally, it all clicked when Arden sent me the line-up for KPIG's "Please Stand By" live music show this Sunday morning, and it mentioned Abigail in the 10:30 a.m. slot was playing at Monterey Live that night. Dan and I were already planning to drive to Santa Cruz on Monday to see Abigail at Don Quixote's, but this Sunday's show wasn't on Monterey Live or Abgail's website. I called ML, confirmed the show, and now it's listed.

ABIGAIL WASHBURN
Sunday, June 11
8 p.m.
Monterey Live
$12 adv / $15 ( tickets )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home