Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Booking for 2006

With our early August arrival of Sonoma Breckenridge Pool, we'll close the Tree House for concerts and consider opening back up either in the November, if we get our "sea legs," or more likely in January 2006.


THE SHORT LIST
I saw John Weed of Molly's Revenge at the Funhouse house concert in March and asked him if he wanted to do at least a set. Joe busks down along Cannery Row, usually in front of the Aquarium.

Mike Beck wants to come by. I met him up at KPIG while Greg Tannen played, and then saw Mike again at Arden's Garden when Larry Hosford played. He's local (Carmel Valley?), so I'll have a pretty good chance to squeeze him this Winter.

Erica Wheeler contacted us about coming out this winter. She's on the Signature Sounds label, and they've been good to us with Mark Erelli, Peter Mulvey, and Jeffrey Foucault.

And there's this ringing endorsement from my good friend and fellow Strawberrian, Mary Ellen Kane:

"...there is a performer I would love to see in the area. [Sleepy] John had him open for Peter Rowan a number of years ago and I absolutely became his #1 fan! His name is David Nachmanoff and he is a little dynamo. High energy, excellent singer/songwriter...I just love him. If you have him come down, I would be the first to sign up (even before you and Juliet)."

Anyone else you are thinking about? Let us know at info at treehouseconcerts dot org (like my anti-spam technique?).


THE LONG LIST
Other artists I had in mind for 2005 but never contacted included:
* I got these from reading the House Concerts Yahoo group.


WHO ELSE?
Then there's the Tree House Concert's Wish List, many of whom will never play a house concert or have moved on to exclusive gigs at Heaven's Bar and Grill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home