Thursday, March 17, 2005

Tree House Radio 1.2

Tree House RadioToday was my second guest spot on Steve Zmak's "The Dark Side of the Dune" on the OtterStream at CSU Monterey Bay, and in fine Irish tradition for St. Patrick's Day, I wore the Irish national soccer jersey and played a bunch of upbeat Celtic stuff.

Today's playlist featured:

Tree House RadioSiucra - Without You
from Here Among Strangers
They're American but that just adds a good kick to the traditional arrangments. Two of the members, Matt & Shannon, have played the Tree House twice (pictures).

Tim O'Brien - The Crossing
from The Crossing
This is Tim's "going home" album, when he visited and played with Irish musicians. This tune has a lot of great energy, but there's a lot more to Tim than his Irish stuff.

Tree House RadioMolly's Revenge - The Whistle Reels
from Revenge Is Sweet
This local Monterey Bay band has so much energy and talent. They played the Tree House last August (pictures).

Lunasa - The Merry Sisters of Fate
from The Merry Sisters of Fate
One of my favorite Celtic bands, because they combine such a great upbeat style with traditional sounds. Thanks to Andrew Porter for the tip on this band a few years ago!

Lunasa - Morning Nightcap
from The Merry Sisters of Fate
Thanks to Clay for letting me know Lunasa was mention on NPR's "Morning Edition" this morning, and they were featured live on NPR's Studio 4A (listen to that 30 minute show).

Lunasa - Taylor Bay, 4 a.m.
from Otherworld


NEXT SHOW
My next show will be a full two-hour fill-in for the 6-8 p.m Thursday, April 7 slot on the OtterStream. I get to do the same thing on Thursday, April 28!

1 Comments:

At March 18, 2005, Blogger Greg Pool said...

* It was a tough show to DJ, since only one of the CD decks was working. That meant we had to talk between every song as we switched discs.

* Both Steve and I had other shows lined up and realized at the last minute that we needed to stay true to our Celtic roots on St. Patrick's Day. For me, that occured around 7 a.m. when I put on my Irish soccer jersey...

* Steve never knows my set list until the last minute, so it's always a challenge for him to pick something appropriate to play after my set. I guess he knows my tell, because he chose all Irish bands, starting with Elvis Costello and the Attractions, The Cranberries, Van Morrison, and finally Sinead O'Connor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home